Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sparkling Elzy and Max

Today Sparkle had a layout for us to use for her Christmas Card Challenge! Love having the layout done for me! I had picked up a bunch of Elzybell stamps in June because of her running some specials. So, I figured I'd use one of those new stamps. Had a hard time picking which one to use. I ran into a problem with her hair line, colored too deep, so I gave the girl some bangs! I paper pieced her jacket. Reminds of something Gabi would totally wear. The more bling the better! I had the snowflake buttons on hand, and they matched the paper from DCWV perfectly!

I swear, you gotta love nesties. They just cut things so nice and perfectly for cards! Makes it so much easier, I kept wondering what I did before I had them, because I sure do use them a lot!

Other supplies:Martha punch, DCWV cardstock, ink from Michael's, copics.


And we picked up a new family member today. We've been waiting to take one home for a few weeks now. I would have taken two, but Paul thought that was a bit much. So, we brought home one today. Trey has named him Maxwell! So, Meet Maxwell! Gonna make for a cute scrapbook page! He's sleeping right now, exciting day for him, I'm sure. We adopted him, so I'm not sure what his breed is, and all that jazz. He's currently a calm little chap, but I'm sure once he's feeling more at home, I'm gonna see a different doggie! The cats are just now figuring out he's here, and thankfully, he's mellow right now! Give them all time to adjust before he's active.

15 comments:

Barb said...

Super cute card, Anna! LOVE the blingy jacket :)
And Maxwell is ADORABLE!

Alanna said...

Your card is adorable. I love that stamp and the papers you used.

And your new family addition is so cute. How fun.

Danni said...

Love your card....her bangs could pass for my sunburn today..yikes!
Your new family member is adorable! I just wanna cuddle with him!

Mary G. said...

Great card (and I LOVE the name of your blog!)

Sweet pooch, too! Congrats!

Patti J. said...

Oh, poor Danni! What a burn!

Great card Anna! I am so excited when I see a Christmas card done in non-traditional colors! You really made this one up well. Pat yourself on the back! As for Maxwell, he is a real cutie patootie! We're gonna love getting to watch him grow up and hear all the doggie stories, but NOT have to sweep up the hair - lol!!!

Tammi said...

Aw, what a cutie Maxwell is, congrats on the new family member! And your card is super cute, love that darling image and sentiment...and her cute sparkly jacket!

debbies said...

Welcome Maxwell - your owners are wonderful!!!!
Love your Elzybells card Anna!

Bananastamper said...

Great card, love the colors and that paper pieced jacket is so cute!

Shanna

Sparkplug17 said...

This is so darling! I love all the blue and sparkle!

Kimberly said...

Awwww Maxwell is a cutie pie!! You're right - his coat is so pretty! Super cute card too - love the paper piecing and all the bling.

Marjorie said...

Too very sweet! I love the glitter and that image is darling!

Rachel Hope said...

Adorable card!!! I Love blue and white for winter carda!! Love her glittery jacket! :)

Welcome to your new little sweetie! He is adorable

Unknown said...

Adorable card!

Michelle said...

Very cute card! Love the bling jacket!!!

I didn't realize that Maxwell is a new member - how fun. We've always wanted a dog but we have a cat and well she isn't exactly the most loving thing on earth - we don't think she'd do to well with others (dogs & cats)!!! Congrats on the new puppy - it will bring you much joy I'm sure!

Carla said...

Love your card! Good job on the challenge!