Saturday, June 19, 2010

Gabi's Pink Haired Mermaid and Teacher Gifts

We had a birthday party today. Gabi wanted to help make the card. I just got those darling stamps in and she wanted to use them. Than she colored, with copics, big deal for me, cuz I don't share, but she did her hair pink. I was impressed, because I can never do that. I can't color things out of the norm, and she didn't think anything of it! Big high five from Mom! I had shown her how to blend on the card she colored for Father's Day. So, she was excited cuz she blended the cheeks. I cut it out and did the layout for her.



It's been a busy week here. Last week of school for us. Means Field Days, class parties, and last minute running around without little ones under foot. On top of that Gabi's dance recital was on Sunday, so I was busy with that last weekend, and photos of her routines this week. So, I've been here there and everywhere it seems this week! Have to show off some cute stuff real fast.


I've been sucking a friend of mine into the crafting world! Love doing that to people! Anyhow, we sat down to make some letters for the teachers as a little gift. She loved making them and matching papers and embellies! Mine are the top two, and are rather mellow for me. Not sure how that happened! Her's were bright and colorful, and well...more like how I normally make things. The teachers loved receiving them, and I loved hearing what they tought about them! Nothing beats a personal item for someone who has touched your child's life in so many ways during the year. My favorite touch on my friend's was the button on the tree. How stinking cute is that?!

6 comments:

debbies said...

I love the colors on this mermaid!!! You are right that a homemade gift means so much to a teacher. Great gifts Anna! HUGS

Danni said...

Love Gabi's card, so cute!! Fun projects too!

Stef H said...

oh i love the pink hair!!!! and those letters are absolutely stunning! fantastic!!!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such an adorable card!

Unknown said...

You are a very super sweet person! Love your daughters pink hair and I understand your feelings... I took a deep breath and shared my copics with my grandchildren...Yikes! Love your card and gifts!

Kimberly said...

The pink hair rocks. Cute card and the teachers gifts are perfect.