Friday, September 3, 2010

Digging the Cricut.

I talked awhile back about going on a dolphin tour with my neighbors. I had so much fun putting this page together. I used Life's A Beach cartridge. I had a blast layering the dolphins. Do you see the one jumping thru the O? How adorable is that?! I loved how the page turned out so much, I had to go show it to my neighbor as soon as I finished. I said she had to love it because her kid was in it! Her cutie pie is the little blond haning out with Trey. It's a fun, bright page, if I do say so myself!
My camera cut off the corner of the page. Was too lazy to take another photo of it! But I promise, I didn't chop Gabi off! It was really cool because the lady working on the boat came and gave the kids a personal little speech about the dolphins. Than I love the shot of Eleanor and Trey under the front of the boat. The papers are from DCWV Summer stack.

Another thing I'm having a blast with is cutting vinyl with it. I added this butterfly sentiment to my bedroom. It's takes about 2 feet or so above my dresser. I had a great time picking the fonts, and butterflies. If you notice one of the butterflies is the butterfly from My Time Made Easy. I purchased it from her, and was able to send it to Sure Cuts A Lot, and cut them out. Super cool! I love what that machine can do! I know I'm just touching the tip of it, but have really enjoyed playing with it and designing things. I used both the Sure Cuts A Lot and the Design Studio for that project. The swirly butterflies were from Home Accents, and the font from the 'utterflies' is from the calligraphy cartridge. I really like the welding aspects of the software's. I use that feature all the time to make words instead of just letters.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed both of the projects today!

No comments: