Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Flutter By Wednesday #140, Anything Goes

Hello, everyone! Today is an open challenge at Flutter By Wednesday. Means you can do anything as long as you have a butterfly, angel or fairy on your card. Be sure to see what the rest of the design team came up. You can get to them by clicking on the Flutter By Wednesday blog, or from their blogs listed to the right of this post. I know they've all created something fantastic today too! We'd love for you to play along. Link your card back up to Flutter By Wednesday blog so we can come by and check out your artwork! Remember, it's an open challenge so just have to have a butterfly, fairy or angel on your card!

We have a wonderful sponsor today, Michelle Perkett. She's got some fantastic designs if you've not seen her work. You'll love what you see if you pop over to her blog. I had a hard time deciding what fairy to use for this challenge, because I liked them all! So pretty!

I have to say, I had a blast coloring this card. I heart this card! I think it turned out so pretty. Not being humble...lol, because really, I think it looks so good! I've never colored black hair before, so that was new for me. Not too shabby for a first try. She's my little raven beauty! And I love how her wings turned out! Can you tell I'm really pleased with this card?!

I also made the little rosette centers on the flowers from an old pack of flowers that lost their shape that went with my paper pack, Sabrina. That pack of paper is about 3 years old, and the paper flowers didn't keep the groove shape of the flower. So, I cut them, rolled them, than glued them to a small prima flowers, and finally topped them with stickles.

I followed the sketch off The Sweet Stop, SSS93. Love the crisp lines of the sketch.

Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies: SU cardstock, Sabrina paper pack, primas, stickles, copics, Reflections pearls, and gems.

11 comments:

Michelle VP said...

Oooh, such a pretty card, Anna! I completely agree with you - you've got my address, right? hehe. Love her black hair with those pink pearls and the soft shading on her wings. :)

debbies said...

You should be excited about your card - it's amazing. Love your flowers too. I'm going to make my first FBW today.

Kimberly S said...

What a gorgeous job you did Anna! Your faerie looks beautiful. Love the sparkle and pearls you've added. :)

Lisa Stewart said...

Beautiful card! Love pink and black. I also really like how you shaded the wings with pink. Those flowers are spot on! I am going to try to incorporate more flowers into my work starting now! Thanks for the inspiration!

Michelle said...

hey Anna! Love that we both used the same sketch but our cards look different. Your color combo is awesome...love the fairy with black hair! Coloring black scares me, lol! Thanks for the congrats on being a guest designer for TAC...I'm very excited (and a little scared, lol). BTW - I ADORE your fairy wings...so, so pretty!

Nancy said...

Oh, Anna, the raven black hair is gorgeous!! I agree with Michelle...coloring black hair scares me, and you have done a beautiful job!

Tammi said...

Anna it's gorgeous!! Great use of the flowers too, so pretty!

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I love how you used the image, love your colors, love love love this card!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!! Love this image and you created the perfect setting for her!

Jodi said...

Gorgeous coloring and colors for your card!! Very pretty work!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Kristie W. said...

Oh this is fabulous Anna!! I love how you colored her and she just pops off the black background.