Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bling on, Baby!

I'm so loving my free time from having completed the yearbook! I had some Pink Cat Studio stamps come in today. I got Enchanted Lily and Lily and Tweet! Such cute sets! So hard to decide which ones to play with first! I had another set come in from another company today too, and I'm hoping to make something with it tomorrow!

I paper pieced all the presents with a Winter stack of DCWV. I love some of their smaller pads, which are just 6.5x4.5 because the patterns are smaller, and ideal for cards. Plus, I found it on clearance at Joann's so I just had to get it! Than I use the Koh-I-Noor pencils, and primsa pencils to color in the image. I put on Pixie dust glimmerz on the bows, and added stickles to the swirls on the biggest package. It's shimmers so nicely! I also added Liquid pearls for her earrings, and Tweet's necklace. I got the layout off Mojo Monday.

Than I have to post this card. It came today from my MIL, who is a new stamper. I love getting people excited about this hobby, and giving them a creative outlet that they've been looking for. My FIL says I've created a monster! LOL! He has no idea! Wait til she starts to hoard papers! But I was so proud to see how she's doing, and trust me, my early cards didn't look this nice! She hasn't been shown anything in about two years, as we live 14 hours away and own a restaurant. On this card she dry embossed, water colored, added stickles, and ribbon! And in a cute layout! She should be very proud, and I knew you all would give her some big woo hoo's on her lovely card! I gave her some links on line to help her learn more about paper crafts.
Supplies: Nesties, Pink Cat Studio, glimmerz, stickles, primsa and Koh-I-Noor pencils, DCWV Winter stack, prima flowers, liquid pearls.
Editing this, because I'm seeing a blank page....has this ever happened to someone before?

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a cute image. Love the flowers at the bottom and the paper piecing. Your MIL's card is fantastic. I'm so glad she has found a new hobby to enjoy!

Anonymous said...

This Lily is so cute and I love the paper!!!! Great job Anna!
LOSTie Debbie

Trudy Osborn said...

So cute! I love all the bling! Such fun cards.

Tammi said...

Ack, you got the two sets I want! Oh and I like the kitty set too. Anna what a cutie this is, you did a fabulous job paper piecing it, and I love the papers/flowers, so very cute!! And your MIL did a wonderful job as well, I'm so glad she's enjoying it...I wish I could get my MIL or even mom to enjoy it with me too. Have a great weekend!

Michelle said...

great lily & tweet card! All the extras you did are awesome! I got Enchanted Lily as well and haven't had time to ink her - hopefully I will in the next couple of days!

That's great that you've converted another cardmaker - it's always fun to share the excitement with others!!

Can't wait to see what other stamp set you got in the mail and what you'll do with it!