Sunday, March 29, 2009

Three in One!

Dudes, I did three challenges on these cards! The layouts are the Friday sketch challenge from Amy R's blog, Sparkle's Christmas Challenge, and completed Barb's challenge use scraps only! (Only one card is made from scraps.) No idea how I pulled it together on one of the cards, but I did! LOL! After peaking in on Sparkle's cards for the day, I grabbed TAC's Perky Penguins. Than flipping thru my binder of stamps, I saw some snowmen I haven't used in ages, so I used one of those sets. I used the same sketch on both cards, and both cards were colored with Primsa colored pencils, and Koh-i-noor pencils.
My blue card uses only scraps of DP paper. They were scraps left over from Gabi's Nutcracker scrapbook page last week. Than I used scraps of cardstocks to mount the pattern paper. The pattern paper is from DCWV Christmas Glitter Stack. The snowflakes were buttons I found at Joann's, and forgot I had picked them up. They were a perfect touch on this card. I used some glitter from Martha Steward that I got on clearance. I like it's bigger for the snow under my penguin.
The snowman card is paper pieced from a retired line of TAC paper. I think I'm down to my final sheets of this stuff too. This paper has a nice traditional feel to it, a little different from my bright colors. I dusted each cut piece with SU's Close to Cocoa pad. I used one of the new EK punches from Michaels for the bottom piece. I always love when Trudy uses TAC's Running Stitches, on cards, so I pulled out today. It adds just a nice touch to a card. I need to use it more often. I used SU's Ruby Red, Old Olive, and Creamy Caramel cardstock.
And one quick shot of Gabi today. She had a birthday party to go too. Anyone with little girls knows how popular American Girl dolls are. The party was for a tea party, and you bring your favorite doll. Gabi wanted to dress like doll, so I took a quick photo before she left the house. Note the matching shoes. I helped pick out the dress, as she has one that is exactly the same, but I knew the birthday girl had the same dress and was wearing it today. Gabi's so funny, as she's walking down the stairs she goes, "Oh, it is the same design." I wanted to say back, "Yea, why do you think I picked it out for you to wear?!" I was nice and I didn't say it! She even picked out matching shoes for them to wear. So cute!

11 comments:

Alanna said...

These are both so cute. Great job of using scraps and I love that penguin image on the first one.

And your daughter is so cute dressed like her doll. Sounds like a fun party.

patti j. said...

Great job on your cards! And your daughter is a little sweetie! Thanks for sharing! Happy Sunday...

Kimberly said...

Way to fit in all the challenges. I gotta try Amy's sketch out, love that. Both cards turned out great. Love the pic of Gabi and her doll. They both look very pretty!

Unknown said...

Very pretty cards! Love the snowman! :)

Cathy said...

Cute cards!! Love the pics of your DD and her doll!! My daugheter got her American Girl for Christmas and it is totally fun and addictive!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Your cards are darling! I love your penguin too.

Gena Porter - aka GDP2001 said...

Great cards, love the paper piecing on the snowman.

Barb said...

Yeay! Great job with using up those scraps on the 1st one... and I'm loving all the glitter!

I think I only have two sheets of that paper left... the viney holly paper was my favorite.

Gabi is so cute... dressed to match her doll... ahh, to be a kid again :)

Tammi said...

Gabi is a cutie and your cards are wonderful, nice job on the paper piecing, I like the papers you chose.

Michelle said...

Great cards Anna! Both are awesome - I really like the snowman but I think it's because of the paper - it's one of my favorites. Why or why did they have to retire that one??

Your daughter looks very cute!

Anonymous said...

Your card is adorable and can I just say that Gabi looks too cute (and her doll). Gabi I hope someday you can go to the American Doll store in Chicago!
LOSTie Debbie