Friday, March 27, 2009

Mimi Mouse

Kim was sweet enough to send me some of these images from TAC's Mice Day, and I had just under an hour to play today. I haven't had much free time this week. Book fair at the school so I've been helping out there every day, and had to be back up there at 5:30 for round two. On top of that this week, we redid our bonus room, which meant I had to re-organize my stash. That's a total chore for me! I added more storage to my area with a dresser we had altered to be a tv stand since we had gotten a new tv stand on Monday, so the extra storage is good for me, but figuring out should go where is so not my thing. I know some folks love to organize and get things in place, but that's not me! I'm still working some things trying, but the desk was clear enough for me to use this afternoon.
I pulled out my Mimi SWIC pack from TAC. Mental note, I need more. That gave me the title for the post, Mimi Mouse! Hee hee, love that title! I love this this paper pack, it's one of my favorites. Pink, green, shades of brown! It's heavenly! Perfect for my little mouse friend too! It's also a nickname for one of my sisters. Back to the card, I use Primas colored pencils to color her. Followed a sketch on Monday Mojo. Than I added pink shimmerz to her coat and ears, and stickles to her purse and eyes. Such a fun image! Thanks, Kim!

Supplies: TAC Mice Day, Mimi SWIC, SU Rose Red and Close to Cocoa cardstock, Mimi ribbon, prima flowers, punch from Michaels, shimmerz, stickles.

Quick photo here, I always find our cat Blondie passed out on Trey's pillow at night. She is the best cat ever as far as kids are concerned. This cat has been shaved by him, stalked, hunted, chased, flung over the shoulder, sprayed with Oderban-that happened before he tried to shave her one day, and she still loves this boy! I had to take a photo of them for him. She got disturbed by me and looked up. Aren't they were so sweet in the bed together?

9 comments:

Danni said...

Totally cute card! I am liking these mice more and more!
Cute photo of the cat and your son!

patti j. said...

Oh dear....another MUST HAVE set! So cute - thanks for sharing!

Kimberly said...

WooHoo for more storage space. Mimi Mouse - love it and you know how much I love that Mimi paper! This is adorable. I love all the shimmerz and sparkles. That pic of Trey is too cute. Funny that she has been harassed but still loves him. Pets are the best!

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is darling! I love that mouse.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hello my friend, i hope you are well. This is such a gorgeous card i love the image you've used, what lovely images these are. Hope you enjoy your weekend, hugs Linda x

Melisa Waldorf said...

Anna that is a precious photo girl! Love the card! Great colorization. I don't have the mice set either. They are adorable though! If only we could have it all.

Tammi said...

More storage space is always good! :) Cute pic of Trey and cat and your card is adorable, love the design!

Michelle said...

LOVE the mimi mouse - Mimi is one of my favorite lines/color combos and you did a great job with it. Love all the details - the small border punch used on the side, the eyelets, ribbon and flowers. Your coloring is wonderful too!

Your cat is adorable and how sweet (& lucky) that the cat and your son are good friends - that's not always the case!

Barb said...

Just adorable... the card AND Trey w/ the cat :)

I wasn't a fan of the mouse set, but you've done a beautiful job coloring and shimmering it up... hmmm... do I need this set now?!