Thursday, September 17, 2009

All that glitters is pumpkins!

Whew, been busy again! My In Laws came up for a visit on Friday, and I had a good time showing stamping stores and such to my mother in law. We don't get to see them too often because of how busy life gets, and the fact that they are about 12 hours away by car. So, always nice being able to spend some time together. I was showing her copics, stamping techniques, and where to find things she couldn't find in her home town.

We were out and about seeing some fun projects and decided to try our hands at one yesterday. We saw a glittered pumpkin at AC Moore in Martha's crafting section. We were in love when we saw it. We grabbed some pumpkins, and glitter at Michael's, cuz they were on sale there. She found a kit at Michael's with the glue, I had the glue before from a kit I found at Christmas time in Michael's. My MIL made the orange pumpkin, and I made the red one. I started the half glitteritized one in the back, but the glue kept drying too fast. So, I had to stop working on it. I had decided that I want to use a spray adhesive to see if it would cover better. For my red pumpkin, I just stuck my hand in the bottle of glue, and spread it around. My MIL dumped the glitter on it. It did cover very nicely this way, but what a mess! LOL! Totally a fun project. Gabi's dying to make the big one with me. I have a bronze glitter for it!


Side note, some happy mail today! I won some fun blog candy off Danni's Dream! It arrived today! Such great stuff in there! Thanks, Danni! Can't wait to use the angel wings shimmerz! Hopefully, I'll be playing soon! I also had ordered some new Magnolias! They arrived today. Last week was some new TAC stuff, so I'm dying to play with that stuff too! So much stuff, too little time!

8 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Very pretty! I might have to try this. :)

Rachel Hope said...

Luff it!!! I saw some gorgeous ones at Target yesterday and decided I HAVE to try them!

Nora said...

OMGosh, those are SO STINKIN CUTE!!! I don't really have room for any more 3D punkins, darn it! Guess I'll have to do some flat ones up for hanging in the windows....
Thanks for sharing this neat idea!
~hugs~

debbies said...

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I might have to give this a try! Wonder what a white pumpkin with clear glitter would look like - ooohhhh!!!!

Patti J. said...

OMG! I'll bet you have glitter EVERYwhere! Lol - great project - don't you just love bling?

Alanna said...

What a fun but probably messy project. The pumpkins look great.

Tammi said...

Gorgeous with all that glitter!

Kimberly said...

Shut-up! These are so pretty. Love the colors y'all picked out!!!