Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sapphire Flutterby

I jumped at the opportunity when Danni asked me to be a guest designer for her month long celebration. I discovered her blog about a year go from my friend, Kim. She had a ton of information on her blog, challenges, more online stores, and lots of other blogs to peak at. For the longest time, I would look at the Flutterby Challenge on Wed, but didn't really have a lot of butterfly stamps. Slowly, I would find myself looking at stamps of butterflies just to play along. Than she opened it to fairies as well! I was over joyed! I started playing along regularly, and it's one of my weekly favorite challenges!
This week's challenge keeping with the September theme was to use sapphires. I tried to pull in the color blue, blue flowers, and gems. For my card for her today, I used a stamp named just for her from Elisabeth Bell at Susana's store, which I received as blog candy from Danni. I used my TAC paper line called Lily Anna. I paper pieced her outfit, so her pants look like cords with the textured cardstock. She's colored with copics, covered her wings with angel wings shimmerz, and added a touch of stickles. I followed a layout on A Spoon Full of Sugar.

Other supplies: nesties, pacific blue, TAC sentiment, MS punch, Reflections gems, scrappers floss, primas.

Thanks for stopping by! Thanks, Danni, for asking me to do this! It meant a lot to me!

10 comments:

Nicola said...

Wowee what an awesome card Anna, this stamp is on my wish list and I love your colouration of her. Your papers and flowers are beautiful and the picket fence and pricking are wonderful accents. Thank you so much for being our Guest Designet this week on Flutter By Wednesday.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

debbies said...

GO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love how you colored her Anna and all the embellishments! Congrats on being Guest Designer!

Kimberly said...

Dude, you weren't kidding about this card, it rocks! Love the layout, colors, the fence punch, flowers - everything is perfect!

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! love the colors!

Sparkplug17 said...

Congrats! Such a lovely card!

Danni said...

Thanks so much for being my guest designer. I simply {heart} this card! Awesome, awesome job!

Kristie W. said...

Love your card, Anna!

Michelle said...

Oh Anna - what a perfect card!! You did a wonderful job and I know as a member of the FBW team I'm so glad you were the guest designer this week! I just love your creations! They are fabulous!!

Tammi said...

Oh wow Anna, you did a fantastic job on this gorgeous card!! Colors, sparkly flowers, beautiful image and design, love it!

Alanna said...

Darling card. Congrats on the guest DT position.