Sunday, February 8, 2009

Circle yourself with the holidays!

For Sparkle's Christmas challenge this week, she challenged us to use circles on our card. I started thinking about this yesterday, and decided I wanted to try to make a circle card. I thought the largest scallop nestie would work well for the shape of the card. It worked great, but the card is a bit smaller than I expected, but I'm so pleased with the results. I than did the embossing with other nesties around the opening, and around the snowmen on the inside. I love how this turned out! It's not exactly how I envisioned, but I think it looks so stinking cute! I forgot before I took the photo, that I wanted to add fun flock to the sheep.
Supplies: TAC snowman nativity, nesties, stickles, shimmerz, stickers from Target, lyra water color crayons.

For my CC Design card, my friend Tammi sent me the image for my birthday. Gosh, such a fun image! Keep with the challenge of using circles, grabbed my CB folder, and some DCWV paper that had circles on it. I cut the image out, and put it in the circle. I love that look when people do that on cards, so I had to try it out. I love the bright colors of this card! For the brim on her hat, I used fun flock, with added glitter to it for a little more sparkle.



Supplies: CC Designs, PTI Pure Poppy cardstock, DCWV Christmas glitter slab, fun flock, stickles, SU pretty in pink, nesties.

9 comments:

Tammi said...

Anna these are fantastic!! Love the opening on the first card, great idea...such a sweet image too. And love what you did with the girl, pretty ribbon too. And I wanted to tell you can certainly join my blog candy...the images were a present and have nothing to do with the other!! :) Have a nice Sunday!

Sparkplug17 said...

These are just darling! I love them both! Those snowmen are just too cute!

Marjorie said...

Both of your cards are so adorable!!! Love how you made the snowman card a circle card too!

Unknown said...

My gosh your cards are adorable! Both are beautiful!

Kimberly said...

Dude, these both rock!!! I LOVE the how you did the circles on the nativity card. It's all perfect and that little girl is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Super cute Anna!!!! ACK - did I forget your birthday? My power has been out from the storm and I just got back from vacation. Hope it was a great day!
LOSTie Debbie

Gena Porter - aka GDP2001 said...

Love them both!!

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS!!!!! I love them both! That blue one is so cool!!! Great layout on the red one! YOU ROCK, Dude! :)

- Amanda

Trudy Osborn said...

AWESOME job! I LOVE the blue circle card! What a great idea