Sunday, February 15, 2009

Red Christmas Delights

It's another Sunday, and a Christmas Challenge on Sparkle's blog. This week, she said red and white! I saw a card in the Hero's Arts catty, at least I think that's where I saw it last night, where they used white on white layers. I thought it looked so cool! I had to try it today with my red and white cards. I went with easy layouts, but I feel like both cards turned out darling!
On this one, I used TAC's ornamental snowflakes stamp set. I stamped it in Palette ink Moulin Rouge. The snowflake cuttlebug folder is sprayed in Snowflake Glimmer Mist. I heat embossed the snowflake with sparkle red embossing powder. Cut it out with nesties. The sentiment is from a retired TAC holiday sentiment set.


On the next card, I used a stamp I found at AC Moore last year. I thought this image was so stinking cute! I covered the white parts of the dress with fun flock, with glitter added to it. I put red fun flock on the tree, so the tree is fuzzy. I wanted to give the tree something, but green wasn't an option, so I thought the red fuzz would do the trick. I paper pierced around the white border to try to help it show up better for the photo. I really like how it looks white on white layering. I added stickles to the mistletoe and the red dress to the center girl. The mistletoe is the only place I cheated with color. It has a hint of green stickles on it!
Supplies: PTI Pure poppy cardstock, PTI white cardsock, fun flock, stickles, TAC stamps, CB folders, glimmer mist, Palette ink Noir and Moulin Rough.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

These are wonderful! Love them!

Sparkplug17 said...

Your cards are just darling!

Kimberly said...

These are adorable! The red really pops on all that white.

Tammi said...

That color combo is striking, these are elegant and pretty Anna!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love PTI Poppy? Great job Anna - as always! :)
LOSTie Debbie

Barb said...

Loving these Christmas cards! Swiss dot folder, and the sparkle flocking on the second one is just adorable!

Trudy Osborn said...

These are stunning! To gorgeous! The red it perfect