Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day late and a dollar short!

I've been in yearbook land again this week! It's coming together nicely, but man, it takes a lot of time to get it how I want it to look! I'll be snapping a few more photos as I discovered yesterday, some of my classes were missing group class shots! My deadline is fast approaching, so this weekend will hopefully be when I'm all done with stuff!

Anyhow, I did both my weekly favorites which are Sparkle's Christmas Challenge, and Danni's Flutterby Wed. I even made them on the right days! Sadly, no time to post them until today. I'm posting them together, because I have a thousand things to do, before sitting back down to go over the yearbook again.

For Sparkle's, she gave us a layout to use this week. (I didn't see Sparkle's challenge for this week, so the link is for a week ago, but it has the layout on that post.) Very fun layout! I used images sent to me by Linda. Thanks, Linda! I can just see Gabi on the girl card! I should have made her hair darker to make it look more like Gabi. I cut out her legs and the bird house with a crafting knife before I put them thru the nesties. I like how they stickout some. I covered the snowman in pixie dust shimmerz. Cutie pie is covered in pink shimmerz on her top. I added fun flock to both, red to my snowman scarf, and gloves, and my mixture of glitter and white on Cutie pie's fluffy part of her outfit.

For the butterfly image, I finally mounted a stamp I had gotten in a grab bag from TAC. I believe it's a retired stamp. Such a big bold butterfly. I used a layout off SCS, SC120. Pulled out a favorite paper line from TAC called Genevieve. I think she had a challenge listed last week, but I forgot to peak before I began stamping at 10:30 last night. (Just went to copy the link, and saw it was to use orange and yellow! I'm way off the mark on that!) My main image, and punched butterflies are covered in pixie dust shimmerz.
Supplies: TAC paper lines-Genevieve, and Merry Wishes(retired), primas, Martha Stewart butterfly punch and scallop punch, snowflakes from Target shimmerz-pink and pixie dust, stickles, Koh-I-Noor pencils, DCWV cardstock, fun flock-red and white, nesties, dewdrops.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

These are all adorable! I really like the little girl card and how you cut her out. Good luck getting all the yearbook stuff done!

Danni said...

Great cards!! Love the butterfly, and the challenges are always optional, I just love seeing butterfly creations!!
Thanks for playing along!

Tammi said...

Look at you getting your Christmas cards done!! Both darling and your butterfly card is beautiful, love that paper and the little butterflies with it!

Anonymous said...

Love the layout Anna - they are so cute. I'm going to have to try this!
LOSTie Debbie

Silli said...

Ohhh, your cards are so sweet Anna. Love the images. Hugs from Silke

Trudy Osborn said...

Fantastic cards! My fav is the little girl one! She is so precious

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening Anna, what gorgeous cards you've made here hunny, i love the way you've coloured them in. Lovely work hugs Linda x