Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm a dope!


Taking a quick break from yearbook duties to made a deadline on a blog hop. Our school did the cutest thing last night. They had a talent show, and the kids were so stinking cute. Plus, the mom in charge was so into it, she had the cutest decorations put up. That's the last thing to be photographed to be added to the yearbook this year. I created a press pass for myself and took photos of all the kids on the red carpet as they entered the school.

Anyways, back to the reason for the post! I signed up for a blog hop using TAC's Butterfly Swirls on Paper Wings. Somehow, I had it in my head I had the set! I don't have the set! LOL! Realized that today when I went to make my card, and went, oh, it's not Butterfly Bits, which is the set I have! That is just so like me, such a dingbat sometimes! Well, thankfully, I remembered that as part of a monthly swap I was in a few other TAC angel friends, where we made a card each month, and sent a few images with the card so we could than make our own card with the stamped image, that I had some stamped images from the set. It allowed for us to use other sets to see how much we loved them, and also show case different styles with the same set. So, Barb had that set, and she sent us some images of it! Yippie! Meant I could still play and make the deadline! I cased a layout off of Tammi. I forgot the back layer of designer paper! Kim will be proud because I used the new pencils I got because of her the other day. And I naturally used a coupon! Loving how this all came together.
Now back to the yearbook, and editing all those photos from last night!

Supplies: TAC Butterfly swirl, Angelee paper pack, DCWV cardstock, stickles, Martha S. punch, nesties, Koh-i-noor pencils, dew drops.

12 comments:

Alley said...

I just love all your layers and layout you've done here.

Anonymous said...

Great job Anna!!!! Love the soft colors. CHECK your pm on SCS. I want to know if you are interested in a card kit swap!!!!
LOSTie Debbie

Kimberly said...

Hey dingbat, LOL. WooHoo for using your new pencils. Do you like them? See they spread like buttah! Great card and fabulous layout!

Trudy Osborn said...

Very pretty! Great job

Tammi said...

Awww, I LOVE what you made with it Anna!! Wow, pretty! Those pencils are nice aren't they!

Bridgett Owens said...

Love it!!!! I wish I could mess up like you! LOL You're work is amazing!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Melisa Waldorf said...

Great recovery girl! This is lovely. And I love your cretive blog title as well!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you found those images. You did a great job on your card!

AmethystCat said...

love the layout and beautiful card! great story too! :)

Laurie Unger said...

great layout! I'd love to be able to see some of those pictures of the kids on the "red" carpet! Sound like you had loads of fun!

Chelsea said...

I love the look and all of the different colors/textures! Just gorgeous!

Patti J said...

Very pretty! Your blog is very nice! I signed up to 'follow' you - hope you don't mind! Feel free to stalk me as well :)