Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Joyful Girl

My friend, Kim, was sweet enough to send me a few images of garden joy by TAC, which just released yesterday. It's a darling new set by Mabelle. Kim was asked to help design some new stuff for TAC, so she had this set before any of us! She also was published in the first edition of Serendipity! Big woo hoo for Kim! She says I'm her cheering squad! I'm just so happy for her!

I grabbed my Basic Grey Mellow pack and started to color this sweet heart. I got the sketch idea off of Amy R's blog. This is based on sketch 45. The image is big, and I didn't get my flowers by Queen and Co low enough. Oh, well, it still looks cute enough with them peaking out, right? Please tell me I'm right! But I do wish they were lower on the card. I had already put that part together, when I went to layer the top down, and discover they were way too close. I even tried to pull the flowers out over the edge, but that didn't work. I used a few Queen and Co brads and flowers on here. They are from the Sonic Boom collection, with I believe they retired. I used my lyra crayons to color her with. I was gonna put a sentiment, but couldn't make up my mind on which one to use! I use my rectangle nesties to cut, emboss and scallop the main image.

Supplies: TAC Garden joy, SU red ridinghood cardstock, Basic Grey Mellow, Queen and Co brads and flowers, lyra water color crayons, stickles, and nesties.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

You are my cheering squad :)
This is adorable. Look at you using your Nesties and I LOVE all the little brads! Too cute!

Danni said...

Oh you lucky girl! This set, and many others, are on my wishlist! so totally cute!!

Tammi said...

Your getting some awesome use out of your new nesties, yay! Love the brads for the centers on the flowers and cute how you did the ribbon...adorable card Anna!

Trudy Osborn said...

Wonderful card! I really like your coloring...I tend to forget about my lyra crayons. All the little details you added to this are wonderful.